Online toys selling growing day by day, toys ecommerce gaining more business
The total toy industry (kids toys, adult toys, electronic toys online) is huge marks its happy-go- lucky future with Annual Globe sale of $90 Billion and is
expected exceed $135 Billion by the year 2020, So selling toys online opening more opportunity for toys manufacturers.
Europe stands First in the Toy market followed by America, China and Japan. Whereas, India ranks 8th.
As it was highlighted in our new global briefing, “Corporate Strategies in Emerging Toy Markets,” Latin America may be the talking point for Mattel, and LEGO is doing well in Eastern Europe; nevertheless, emerging markets, in particular Asia Pacific, have yet to reveal their true potential for multinational toy manufacturers. During the first half of 2016, toy revenues rose 7.5 percent as compared with the prior-year period.
For the full year, the market data firm expects toy sales to rise roughly 7 percent to nearly $21 billion. About two-thirds of toy sales typically occur in the second half of the year. Let’s have a look at some of the stats which emerged in the market over the years:
- Emerging markets have become more important across all industries, and the shift is especially pronounced in traditional toys, growth in developed countries averaged 1%, while emerging countries registered 13% average annual growth, over the years driving the global toys sales.
- The global toy market is expected to exceed $90 billion in sales in 2016 – a record for the toy industry – according to a new report by The NPD Group and the International Council of Toy Industries (ICTI).
Research says that global toys and games market will grow at a CAGR of nearly 5% during the forecast period. One of the primary factors driving this market’s growth is the immense popularity of TV shows and movies.
Here are few tips on how to sell toys online
1. Be sure your apparel items are fresh and in good condition - no fading, stains, or excessive wear.
2. Toy should be folded neatly or laid flat in a box, bin or tote, that's how customer would like to see it! don't put addition bags or anything, because nobody like that. :)
3. Make sure you charge exactly the same amount, you display as price, no extra charges in form of anything, becasue that really irritates customer.
Why online toys business growing so fast!
Indian toy industry is estimated at about 1.4 billion US dollars.
eCommerce retailing is becoming a more and more easy distribution channel due to several reasons. Buyers have increasing access to the online retailers, and often have better merchandise in terms of variety to look at.
Most of the time children usually accompany their parents & have a direct influence on the decision to purchase. TV advertising plays a major role, now Internet advertising is also influencing factor. The most popular product categories are electronic toys, followed by hard toys and soft animals.So, When kids surf internet (many of them) they start looking for their favourite toys! :) so smart kids are big buyers!!
Want to create your own ?
Toys eCommerce Store
Toys global demand and potential buyers worldwide
The world Toy exports were US$97.7 billion.
-Among the exporters, China topped the list with US$44.8 billion (45.8 % of total exports), Followed by United States with an export worth US$6.2 billion (6.4 % of total exports). Countries like Honk Kong, Netherland and Germany were Also amongst the top 10 exporters.
- In 2016, world toys imports totaled US$108.1 billion. US again topped the list with US$30.5 billion(28.2 % of toys import) with Germany(US$6.7 billion), UK (US$6.1 billion) and Japan (US$5.2 Billion) as followers.
- Europe with total sales of 43 billion US dollars is one of the most important markets worldwide. Europe covers three of the largest marketplaces for toys. The toy industry's annual total economic impact in the U.S. has been 80.26 billion U.S. dollars. A significant portion of global toy sales is driven by licensed toys. While Mexico had the highest penetration of licensed toys in 2015, at 35% of sales, the U.S. followed in second place, with 31% of total sales coming from licensed toys.
- Although India Ranks 8th in the Toy Industry World Wide, it has contributed Rs. 1200 billion and has substituted foreign import to its country by 20%, the market is growing by 20% each year and the small manufacturers are ruling it. The toy market of the Arabian Peninsula is the third largest on the Asian continent. Due to young and possess high spending power the toy industry records steadily rising sales.
The Children are the buyers, worldwide. The demand for toys are more in Europe and America and the production is more in china, Where as the demand and supply almost meet in India
- Hot Wheels, Etch-A-Sketch,Barbie, LEGOs, Mr. Potato Head, HulaHoop, Rubik’sCube, Super Soaker are some of the toys whose demand is constantly high Worldwide.
- The most popular product categories are electronic toys, followed by soft animals and hard toys in India.
- The Middle East toy market has a particularly big demand for outdoor toys. Especially wooden toys are on the rise. The average spending on toys per child in the Middle East is almost twice as high as in Europe.
- In Europe toys for babies and preschoolers are the most popular, followed by dolls and soft toys, as well as outdoor and sports toys. Baby and infant articles are the best-selling toys in the EU, followed by dolls games and puzzles as well as outdoor toys.
- Nearly 44 million consumers in the U.S. shopped for toys or games online. in regards to toy spending per child. U.S. consumers spent an average of $482 per child on toys for kids up to nine years old in America.
Want to sell your toys online?
Toys eCommerce Store
One of the primary factors driving this market’s growth is the immense popularity of TV shows and movies. Blockbusters like Frozen, Star Wars, and Despicable Me have led to an increase in retail sales globally. Several specialty stores also emphasize on TV shows such as Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, and Friends etc.
- One of the latest trends that will gain traction in the market is the emergence of 3D printing.
- SEX TOYS-Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global sex toys market to grow at a steady CAGR of close to 7% by 2020.While the use of such toys is quite common in the West. Denmark ranks 1st and America ranks 2nd in this Industry.The demand is growing in the recent years worldwide, the main reason being; its therapeutic usage.
Top Trends and Opportunities in Toys online business
Leading up to Toy Fair, TIA’s experts collaborate with hundreds of global toy companies to identify the products and trends that will drive consumer spending on play. The toys, games and youth entertainment products shared at the trends briefing made their Toy Fair debut and will appear in stores through the holiday 2016 shopping season.
- Emerging markets have become more important across all industries, and the shift is especially pronounced in traditional toys.
- Rising incomes are the main driver of growth in toy sales in emerging markets.
- The traditional toy store retail channel is becoming more consolidated, making expansion easier for toymakers.
- Pre-school and plush toys are the most popular categories in emerging markets
Top five trends in toys business
TECH: Drones, Robots and Toys-To-Life In the air and on the ground, drones allow kids to do amazing things, like control multifunction Nano drones and launch them from the palms of their hands. The hottest robots of the year will be customizable and teach kids important concepts, including coding, engineering, problem-solving and building.
FAMILY MATTERSMillennial parents have grown nostalgic for their own childhood board games, puzzles and other traditional toys, and want to share in those unplugged experiences with their children. We are also seeing a growing number of toys that incorporate technology while also promoting socialization, face-to-face interaction, and family bonding for all. Whether online or offline, these toys help bridge the gap between generations by helping families create lasting memories through play.
ULTIMATE CREATORElaborate culinary concoctions, Pinterest-worthy designs, and stop-motion movies are just a few of the many creative projects that the “Ultimate Creator” will be found working on. Toys and crafts under this trend teach children to skillfully cook, design, build, grow, and create physical and digital masterpieces that they can proudly share with family and friends
BRAIN BOOSTERS/STEAM Educational toys are “Steaming” ahead, and toys that teach or reinforce Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) continue to be top contenders in the toy market. Parents and educators appreciate these toys because they help prep kids for school by building important spatial, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
COVETED COLLECTIBLES Collecting has long been a favorite pastime for children, but in 2016 you can expect to see these affordable and/or coveted toys everywhere. Collecting is an art form for kids who are on the hunt for the perfect item to complete their set. For other kids, collecting is all about socialization – they love to share and trade characters, pets, cards and other minis with their friends. Collectibles teach children patience and perseverance (due to “the hunt”), organization, and negotiation skills (when it comes time to trade).
Different type of business tie-up with big brand or global merchant
Technology has played a major role and has improved the condition of trade worldwide and has helped meeting the demand. Ecommerce sites, ties up sellers and buyers under one roof that helps in both meeting the needs of people and gaining profit and market for the producers. From the point of marketing the product to its sales and shipping, the E-Commerce platform plays an important role. The sex toy market has benefited a lot from here and it has reached a many parts of the world where the supply couldn’t meet the demand, which has still helped in maintaining a demand among the people. In the US, the online toy category has grown by over 55% in the past two years to $17 billion, while in key European markets online sales have surpassed in-store sales. In the United States, Toys r Us has noted that “that more than 60 percent of the company’s customers visit its website before deciding to go to an actual store", showing that Toys sales both online and off are being driven by digital channels. In 2017 more than €40 billion worth of toys and games will be sold across Europe. 35% of the European market is ruled by the Ecommerce site.
Different type of trade show in local and international market for Toys
- American International Toy Fair-is an annual toy industry trade show held in mid-February in New York City's Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and at toy showrooms around the city. The event is open to the toy trade only. It is owned and managed by the Toy Industry Association.
- Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair- the Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair has developed into the most important fair for the Asian market. It provides the link for business relationships between Africa, America and Europe on the one hand and the Asia-Pacific region on the other. The next Trade Fair in Hong Kong will be held from 8 to 11 January 2018.
- Kids India – The toy fair in India-The toy world meets at Kids India in Mumbai for the fourth time this year. Besides toys, Indian and international exhibitors can present products there from the segments of baby articles, licenses, sport, leisure and hobbies. Kids India takes place in the Bombay Convention & Exhibition Centre (BCEC), which is the largest permanent exhibition site of its kind in the private sector.
- International Tokyo Toy Show-the International Tokyo Toy Show is Japan’s most important fair for toys and has existed since 1962 – in various forms and with different names. The motto of the event is "EnterTOYment - toys make the world smile".
- New York Toy Fair-The New York Toy Fair is the largest toy fair on the North American continent. The fair shows both classic toys as well as products for interactive entertainment. Admission to the New York Toy Fair is restricted to trade visitors.
Here are few useful Downloads:
Want to sell your toys online?
Toys eCommerce Store
Cosmetic eCommerce Website
beauty products, skin care , hair products, ayurvedic , cosmetic products manufacturer in india, natural cosmetic products
Fashion ecommerce website
Fashion fair products, Fashion fair beauty , fashion fair skin products, ladies fashion, kids fashion, corporate fashion, fashion brand.
Jewelry eCommerce development
pandora jewelry, artificial , handmade jewelry, wholesale , diamond , gold , 1gm gold jewelry, armoire, costume jewelry... sell anything online, ecommerce website development company in India
Toys eCommerce development
toys rus, adult sex toys for men, women, baby, cat , dog , sex toys ecommerce website development company in India
Leather ecommerce website
leather jackets, leggings, jackets for women, leather sofa, leather messenger bag, backpack anything ..sell online
Ready to put what you've learned into action?
Build your own ecommerce store with VTechis Ask Now!
Toys business online
Toys business in india: In every occasion we buy toys eaither for our home or to present someone, so selling toys online will be always good business